Discover the beauty of Scattery Island and walk the paths of saints and scholars. This tour allows you between 2 and 2.5 hours on the island and includes a guided walking tour.
Eco Sea Safari
Priced at €50 per person. Minimum age 12+ | Get ready to explore the stunning coastal scenery of the majestic Shannon Estuary!
- This is a tour to a breath-taking but remote coastal area, which is exposed to all elements. While every effort is made to locate wildlife, these are wild animals so we cannot guarantee sightings. Our customers safety is our priority so if required we may need to chose an alternative route in certain weather conditions. In this case, all our Skippers have complete discretion to amend the trip to ensure they provide both a safe and highly enjoyable experience for you.
Explore the Shannon Estuary and Kerry coastline
This Eco Sea Safari tour consists of a 2.5 hour sea safari tour on the Shannon Estuary, where we show you the sights from the comfort of our 12 passenger RIB.
We depart from Kilrush Marina, and the first stop is at the Lock gates, our gateway to the Shannon Estuary. Once through the gates, we’re off! Our first sights are of the local islands of Hog and Scattery, where we slow down to show you the islands sights. Then its time to hold tight as we head West to explore the Shannon Estuary. This stretch of water is an area of outstanding natural beauty, with its island and cliff coasts, wildlife and dolphins. Feel the fresh air on your face and the freedom of the great outdoors! Explore hidden coves and sea stacks and soak up the sights as we get up close and personal with this beautiful stretch of the Shannon River.
This designated Marine Area of Conservation features a rich diversity of wildlife habitats and is home to Ireland’s only resident group of bottlenose dolphins, one of just six in Europe. Enjoy panoramic views of the rivers islands and coastal features, with its Lighthouses, Artillery batteries and the imposing round tower on Scattery Island.
- Departure from Kilrush Marina through the Lock Gate system
- An exhilarating RIB ride within the calm waters of the Shannon Estuary.
- A diverse range of wildlife including Dolphins, grey seals, peregrine falcons and a range of nesting seabirds.
- Explore Cliff coves, and the rugged cliff formations of the Kerry coastline
- Our trips normally include high quality breathable weather gear which protects against the elements, however due to COVID-19, customers are asked to bring their own weather gear onboard with them (warm jackets & full length Pants are recommended)
- This tour is limited 12 persons max each time, so you’re guaranteed a memorable experience! (Minimum 6 per tour).
- We offer full weather gear for our RIB tours, however, due to COVID-19 regulations passengers are required to bring their own outdoor clothing. Please bring warm clothes with you. It’s always a little colder on the water!
- We carry dry bags onboard should you wish to store small items, however, we recommend that you do not bring bags or extra items onboard with you. Passengers are responsible for all personal items, and we cannot accept liability for any damaged or broken equipment brought onboard.
- The vessel is licensed and has been inspected by the Marine Survey office.
- All drivers hold professional Marine qualifications
- Our vessels are fully insured and we operate to a strict code of conduct to ensure passenger safety
- All passengers must wear the high quality life jacket provided, while onboard.
- Passengers receive a full safety briefing prior to departure.