We are delighted to be able to welcome you to Scattery Island.
Things will be a little different this year as we try to work to a ‘new normal’ but we assure you that we’re doing everything we can to ensure your safety while you visit.
We’ve worked closely with the Office of Pubic works (who manage the island) to put in place the following safety measures both on our ferry and on the island itself.
Please take the time to read the new safety protocols below, that will ensure your safety while on the ferry and once on the island
PASSENGER HYGIENE & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Advance booking on all sailings is required and passengers are asked to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to check in. On arrival, the crew will guide you on our boarding procedures.
- For your safety onboard, digital temperature checks will be taken on all passengers as they check in at the booking office.
- Boarding will be called row by row – please follow the instructions from our crew when boarding and disembarking
- Passengers are asked to observe social distancing protocols and the recommended hygiene guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser units are available at our ticket office and onboard the ferry and you will be asked to sanitise your hands as you board the ferry.
- Passengers(adults and children-not infants) are asked to bring their own mask or face covering and wear while onboard the ferry.
Please note the following COVID-19 related questions. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, please do not book a visit at this time.
COVID-19 HEALTH CHECK QUESTIONS:
1. If you currently have COVID-19 or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 Days
2. If you live in the same household or have been in close contact with someone who has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
3. If you have been advised to self isolate at this time
4. If you have travelled abroad in the last 14 days (except Northern Ireland)
OPW VISITOR SAFETY GUIDELINES ON SCATTERY ISLAND
- Passengers are asked to follow the COVID -19 hygiene and safety guidelines as issued by the OPW on Scattery Island.
- Access to the Visitor Centre on the island will be on a managed basis with reduced numbers.
- Access to toilet facilities will also be managed and toilets may be closed for short periods during your visit while cleaning takes place.
- For the protection of the resident rabbit population against RHD2, visitors will be asked to step into a hygiene foot tray as they enter the island to limit the risk of infection on the island.
- Please be aware that there are ongoing development works on Scattery which require some fencing for your safety. We would ask for your patience while these works are underway.
- We ask that visitors to Scattery are mindful of the protected Hen Harriers that are nesting on the island and follow the OPW’s protection guidelines while visiting.
Should you have any questions or concerns prior to your visit, please contact us on [email protected] or Phone: 085 2505512
We looking forward to welcoming you onboard.
Irene, Martina and Christian.