We are delighted to be able to welcome you to Scattery Island.
We’ve worked closely with the Office of Pubic works (who manage the island) to put in place the following safety measures both on our ferry and on the island itself.
Please take the time to read the new safety protocols below, that will ensure your safety while on the ferry and once on the island
PASSENGER HYGIENE & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Advance booking on all sailings is required and passengers are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to check in. On arrival, the crew will guide you on our boarding procedures.
- Passengers are asked to observe social distancing protocols and the recommended hygiene guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser units are available at our ticket office and onboard the ferry and you will be asked to sanitise your hands as you board the ferry.
- Please ensure that you return to the pier at Scattery Island ten minutes prior to your departure time from the island to allow time for boarding. Because the island is tidal, our departures must leave as scheduled. Your return departure time is noted on your ticket.
Please note the following COVID-19 related questions. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, please do not book a visit at this time.
COVID-19 HEALTH CHECK QUESTIONS:
1. If you currently have COVID-19 or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 7 Days
2. If you live in the same household or have been in close contact with someone who has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
3. If you have been advised to self isolate at this time
OPW VISITOR SAFETY GUIDELINES ON SCATTERY ISLAND
- Please be aware that there are ongoing development works on Scattery which require some fencing for your safety. We would ask for your patience while these works are underway.
- We ask that visitors to Scattery are mindful of the protected Hen Harriers that are nesting on the island and follow the OPW’s protection guidelines while visiting.
Should you have any questions or concerns prior to your visit, please contact us on [email protected] or Phone: 085 2505512
We looking forward to welcoming you onboard.
Irene, Martina and Christian.