Discover the beauty of Scattery Island and walk the paths of saints and scholars. This tour allows you between 2 and 2.5 hours on the island and includes a guided walking tour.
- Includes the option of booking any of our scheduled sailings to the island combined with a dolphin watching tour. Get a 10% discount for this dolphin watching tour.
- Time changes each day due to tidal conditions.
- You can bundle your Scattery Island Visit with the following:
- Vouchers to be redeemed directly with the additional Activity Provider.
- Vouchers will be included at the bottom of you Scattery Island Booking Confirmation and need to be presented when booking the additional activity.
- Combo Packages booked can be used across different dates.
Combo Package Includes
- Audio tour given on Kirush Dolphin Discovery trip.
- Toilet facilities available on the Dolphin Discovery ferry.
- Planning to use the car ferry from Tarbert to Killimer or Killimer to Tarbert? Shannon car Ferries offers a 10% discount when booking on line for your car ferry ticket.
Create the perfect trip to explore the estuary with our various tour combinations. Take a trip to Scattery and a dolphin watching adventure to enjoy the many dolphins the Shannon Estuary has to offer.
- Sweater and a water/windproof jacket with hood (weather dependent)
- Binoculars if available
Kilrush is a wonderful market town offering beautiful natural attractions and wonderful restaurants and shops. When visiting, why not also take time to enjoy our special passenger discounts available on shopping or dining or visit these popular attractions? Learn more.
- Advance booking on all sailings is required and passengers are asked to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to check-in. On arrival, the crew will guide you on our boarding procedures.
- For your safety on board, digital temperature checks will be taken on all passengers as they check-in at the booking office. Passengers are asked to wear a mask while onboard the vessel
- Boarding will be called row by row – please follow the instructions from our crew when boarding and disembarking
- Passengers are asked to observe social distancing protocols and the recommended hygiene guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer units are available at our ticket office and onboard the ferry.
- Passengers are asked to follow the COVID hygiene and safety guidelines as issued by the OPW on Scattery Island.
1. Visitors’ access to the Visitor Centre on the island will be on a managed basis.
2. Access to toilet facilities will also be managed and toilets may be closed for short periods during your visit while cleaning takes place.
- For the protection of the resident rabbit population against RHD2, visitors will be asked to step into a hygiene foot tray as they enter the island to limit the risk of infection on the island.
- Please be aware that there are ongoing development works on Scattery which require some fencing for your safety. We would ask for your patience while these works are underway.
- We ask that visitors to Scattery are mindful of the protected Hen Harriers that are nesting on the island and follow the OPW’s protection guidelines while visiting.