For the more adventurous and those who enjoy exploring and walking, our great island experience allows you additional time to fully explore the island and includes an additional audio tour of the southern side.
- Group of 2Passengers
- Group of 4 Passengers
- Group of 6 Passengers
- Group of 10 Passengers
- Group of 12 Passengers
Please note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are operating ‘pod bookings’ only which allow for bookings of 2, 4, 6, 10 or 12 max per trip. Passengers booked as a pod will be sat together.
An action-packed and fulfilling RIB ride on the Shannon Estuary!
This one hour action packed River RIB Run is all about having fun on the water from the comfort of our 12 passenger RIB. We depart from Kilrush Marina. Our first stop is to exit the Marina at the Lock gates, then its out onto the beautiful Shannon River where the fun really begins! Hold on tight as we increase speed and feel the fresh air on your face and the freedom of the great outdoors! Soak up the sights as we get up close and personal with this beautiful stretch of the Shannon River as our skipper entertains you with stories from the local area. This designated Marine Area of Conservation features a rich diversity of wildlife habitats and is home to Ireland’s only resident group of bottlenose dolphins, one of just six in Europe. Enjoy panoramic views of the rivers islands and coastal features, with its Lighthouses, Artillery batteries and the imposing round tower on Scattery Island.
- Departure from Kilrush Marina through the Lock Gate system
- An exhilarating RIB ride within the calm waters of the Shannon Estuary.
- A diverse range of wildlife and coastal scenery including Scattery Island & Hog Island.
- Our trips normally include high quality breathable weather gear which protects against the elements, however due to COVID-19, customers are asked to bring their own weather gear onboard with them (warm jackets & full length Pants are recommended)
- This tour is limited 12 persons max each time, so it offers a very personal experience! (Minimum 6 per tour).
- We offer full weather gear for our RIB tours, however, due to Covid 19 regulations passengers are required to bring their own outdoor clothing. Please bring warm clothes with you. It’s always a little colder on the water!
- We carry dry bags onboard should you wish to store small items, however, we recommend that you do not bring bags or extra items onboard with you. Passengers are responsible for all personal items, and we cannot accept liability for any damaged or broken equipment brought onboard.
- The vessel is licensed and has been inspected by the Marine Survey office.
- All drivers hold professional Marine qualifications.
- Our vessels are fully insured and we operate to a strict code of conduct to ensure passenger safety.
- It is compulsory for all passengers to be fitted with a high quality life jacket while onboard.
- Passengers receive a full safety briefing prior to departure.